Initiated at Zeta Iota in 1971 at Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS. My professional career was in marketing communications and retail development/management in agency, corporate and private company environments. My fraternity experience includes stints as chapter advisor (6 years), house corporation president (14 years) and Kansas province grand praetor (4 years). I relocated from Kansas City to central Florida in 2016 and my golf game still stinks.
In 2016, I accepted the regional chapter coordinator position as a way to give back to Sigma Chi for the life experience, friendship and guidance the Fraternity has provided.
Regional Chapter Coordinator
1. Provide sustainable guidance to our undergraduate chapters by assisting them and their volunteer advisors in the fulfillment of the goals set in their strategic plans
2. Assist the Grand Praetors in engaging and training more alumni through the creation of Chapter Advisor Boards who can, in turn, assist the chapter toward the achievement of desired outcomes
3. Ensure our members are leaders in their communities by creating a broader understanding of relevant and contemporary issues through the deployment of already existing world-class curriculum; training additional alumni in those programs through a train-the-trainer model
4. Provide for a proactive approach to accountability and disciplinary issues by focusing on helping the chapter feel empowered to implement appropriate self-governance
5. Facilitate a collaborative, supportive, and transparent relationship with university and college partners, fraternity volunteers, and staff
6. Assist in the deployment of revitalization curriculum for troubled chapters at the direction of the Fraternity’s governance
7. Reinforce the Sigma Chi brand identity through an additional layer of chapter engagement