Recognize A Brother For His Outstanding Character
Do you know a brother who displays good character and leads through integrity by donating his time and energy to a worthy cause? If so, he may be a candidate for the Mark V. Anderson Character-in-Action™ Award.
All nominees must be Sigma Chis, and recognition should be for an action or a deed, rather than for a monetary donation, and it should be for an action that leads to the betterment of or support for the community, not for the advancement of the Fraternity. He will not be recognized for service that is a part of his employment responsibility.
Some of the recent winners include: Blair Richardson, MCGILL 1969; in the fall 2012 for his work with the Food for Life food delivery service that caters to the needs of the local poor; Eric Kroll, BROWN 1998; in the summer 2012 issue for volunteering with Ben’s Friends, which is an online network of support groups for people facing disease; and Douglas Harden, GEORGIA 2005; in the spring 2012 issue for volunteering with seven local organizations.
To nominate a brother who you believe should be recognized with this award, send an email that includes his name, as well as answers to the following questions to email@example.com.
• What is the community service for which the brother is being nominated?
• How and why did he begin such volunteer work?
• How long has he been involved in these activities?
• What percentage of the work was completed on a volunteer basis?
• How would you describe the nominee to others? What key traits does he possess that make him a man of good character?
• For how long have you known the brother?
Also, please send the name and contact information of someone with whom the nominee has worked while volunteering on the project. This person will serve as a reference.