Summer Security Checklist
It’s that time of year again. If the chapter house will be vacant for the summer, it’s time to secure the building. Do a walkabout and:
1. Check all doors and locks; secure all windows and remove all personal valuables from the chapter house.
2. Arrange to have the house checked at least weekly during the summer to make sure all is in order. Make sure to leave emergency contact information with all neighbors.
3. Turn off the water and natural gas supply.
4. Have a certified heating professional inspect your furnace operation, automatic shut-offs and venting.
5. Remove all combustibles such as paint and spray cans from the furnace area and store in a cool, dry place.
6. Empty all garbage and ensure no combustible items such as trash and paper are left in any public areas.
7. Make sure no electrical outlets are overloaded or potential fire hazards are left unattended.