The faculty advisor, not necessarily a Sigma Chi, is a faculty or staff member of the chapter’s college or university. He or she provides guidance for the chapter’s educational program and assists brothers and pledges with their academic responsibilities. The faculty advisor also serves as a liaison between the chapter and college or university administration and as an advisor to the scholarship chairman.
- Form a working relationship with the chapter’s president and scholarship chairman to help them enhance their scholarship program.
- Meet with the chapter’s scholarship chairman to review the chapter’s scholarship program and academic progress.
- Meet with the chapter officers early in the fall and winter terms to review the chapter’s strategic plan.
- Create a college/university resource list for tutors, counselors, mentors, etc.
- Provide academic assistance to members and pledges in need of such help.
- Make office hours available specifically for Sigma Chi members